Publishers and webmasters have always embraced advertising systems that contribute positive user-experience to their visitors – using ad formats that are able to maintain the communication flow and style of their websites, while also monetizing their traffic at the same time.
If you’ve been an active player in the world of online advertising, you already know that native advertising gives publishers the twin benefit of running subtle ads which is a great income earner.
MGID is one of the oldest companies to provide this service to publishers – giving them access to a marketplace where native advertising content can be accessed and displayed on publishers’ sites.
We will be reviewing this service with a view of detailing the functions, features, advantages and disadvantages of MGID.
You should be in a better position to decide if MGID is best for you after going through this review.
Let’s lay the foundation of this review by providing a basic understanding of what native advertisement is about.
The main topics covered in our MGID review include:
- What is Native Ads and why is it Beneficial for Advertising?
- Overview of MGID
- Main Features of MGID
- MGID Requirements for Publishers
- 10 Powerful Reasons to Use MGID
- Pros and Cons of MGID
What is Native Ads and why is it Beneficial for Advertising?
Native ads are advertising formats that are created to mimic the communication style, flow and tone of a website. Native ads are created by content producers to look exactly like the normal content of a publisher’s website or blog.
The ad formats used for native ads could be in the form of text, images or videos. These formats deliver similar information with other content of the website. Another way of looking at these ads is by referring to them as paid content.
Visitors may not be able to tell the difference between the ads and regular content of the site. The main difference is that the content of native ads may promote products of advertisers.
For Instance, a blog in online trading or forex niche may provide insightful analysis about a trading type or style. At the tail end of the post is mentioned a forex trading tool or service that could deliver value to the reader.
Native ads have been steadily gaining widespread acceptance among advertisers and publishers over the past decade. Some reasons for the growing popularity of native ads include:
- Native ads are non-Intrusive and so do not disturb or impede the user-experience.
- The ads are most often the same with the site’s niche.
- Native ads are customized to match the site’s communication style, tone and design.
- Publishers include a full disclosure on their sites to notify their audiences that the pieces of content are native ads.
- Native ads work well on desktop and mobile sites.
- They can be easily integrated on WordPress sites using widgets.
Overview of MGID
MGID is an innovative native advertising network that provides tailored solutions for advertisers and publishers on one platform.
The private-owned company is among the first to create offers using native advertising technologies for setting up, promotion and tracking of CPC based ads.
Founded in 2008; MGID has been outstanding in the native advertising space, earning itself a short listing for the Native Advertising Awards in 2016.
MGID offers a marketplace for advertisers and publishers from where advertisers get access to lots of traffic, while publishers get opportunities to earn revenue from monetizing their website traffic.
MGID offers publishers 2 options to earn from – displaying advertisers’ ads on their websites and re-circulating visitors. Recirculation is a term that refers to the activity of referring traffic to other sites who also send back traffic to your site. The promoted content widget is the tool used to achieve the recirculation designed to appear at the end of your posts.
MGID provides a rich collection of features for advertisers who want to promote their products and content using native advertising.
Main Features of MGID
1. Various ads display – Advertisers are provided with a range of options to suit their ad campaigns, although this is subject to the style and layout of the site that the ads would be distributed on.
These ad formats include text, images, banners, and videos that are optimized for both desktop and mobile devices.
2. Fully optimized mobile ads – Because 70% of MGID’s traffic comes from Smartphones and other mobile devices, the ads are designed to flow with content as they are displayed on mobile devices.
This accounts for higher conversion rates for advertisers on MGID platform.
3. CPC-based advertising model – Ensures that advertisers only pay for the ads after their links have been clicked by publishers’ blog visitors.
This model leads to much better ROI on advertising spending.
4. Selective bidding – Opens up the opportunity for advertisers to choose from available ad spaces and publishers to display their ads. Advertisers can decide on which publishers to work with that will guarantee high-quality traffic.
5. Targeting on MGID – Advertisers can create campaigns with targeting options to reach particular audiences.
These targeting options include Geo, which covers country and/or more specific regions. Also browser types, languages, devices and OS are available targeting options for desktop and mobile traffic.
MGID does not present any targeting options for selection of mobile carrier, but if you have an IP range that you wish to target, then you can get help from your account manager with it.
6. Choice of promotion options – During the campaign creation process, advertisers are asked to choose one of the two available campaign types – product promotion or content promotion.
The product promotion option is for advertisers who have offers that are related to products or services.
For those who just need to get visitors’ attention or redirect them back to their website, the option to choose is content promotion.
This feature enables advertisers to optimize their promotions to suit their advertising goals.
7. Account set up and content creation is quite easy and straightforward for users on MGID.
Publishers who want to monetize their website traffic through MGID are expected to meet certain requirements before they are approved on the native ad network.
These requirements are not too stringent and they include the following:
1. No Minimum traffic required to get signed up as a publisher on MGID.
2. Primary language for publishing is English, although there are certain languages that are also allowed by MGID.
3. MGID prohibits its publishers from displaying content that is obscene, adult, pornographic, abusive, or illegal.
Also MGID prohibits content that is discriminatory, sites that aid the sale of firearms or illegal drugs, or sites that participate or encourage others in the participation of illegal activities.
4. MGID reserves the rights to discontinue or disable its services on any site that it deems necessary to have flouted the requirements.
Now, you may be wondering if MGID is worth all the hype.
The truth about it all is that you may never know until you give it a trial. And to help you with taking the first step, here are 10 reasons using MGID isn’t such a bad idea.
10 Powerful Reasons to Use MGID
1. Ads Display Options for Advertisers
A number of options are available for ads display both on desktop and mobile.
The desktop display of ads could be as pops, header widgets or widgets placed under an article or post. Also, desktop ads can be displayed as a sidebar widget.
The available options for mobile ads display include the header and under the content widget.
2. Limit Campaign by Conversion
MGID allows advertisers a lot of flexibility on limits to set for their campaigns, and one of such limits is conversion. You can set a limit on your campaign based on the number of conversions.
3. Dynamic Retargeting for Capturing Relevant Traffic
With dynamic retargeting, advertisers can track visitors who have carried out certain actions in the past, detect what kind of ads they looked at and then show these visitors similar ads when they come visiting again.
The concept of dynamic retargeting is achieved by creating two different campaigns. The first is a more general one displayed to everyone according to your targeting options.
Once enough people have engaged with the first campaign, you launch the second campaign particularly for this same set of users, while the second campaign is used for displaying relevant ads.
4. Covers a wide range of Verticals
MGID campaigns span a wide range of verticals that advertisers can focus their ad campaigns on. These verticals include Arts and Entertainment, Food and Drinks, Gaming, Health and Fitness.
Other verticals are Family and Parenting, Hobbies and Interests, Home and Garden, Personal Finance, Pets, Shopping, Society, Sports, Style and Fashion, Technology and Computing. Visit the MGID official website to get the updated list of verticals available to you.
5. Dedicated Account Manager to Help You Optimize the Use of MGID
MGID offers dedicated account managers who are very helpful to its users.
Your account manager is someone who is experienced in the native advertising terrain, helps you in deciding the most profitable verticals, and helps with optimizing your campaigns.
Account managers also help in adjusting your bids to ensure you get the best out of your campaigns.
6. Set Up Campaign Schedule
You can schedule your campaigns to run for a particular duration, or set up the start and finish dates for your campaigns.
7. Easily Link MGID Account with Your Google Analytics Account
Linking your MGID account with Google Analytics allows you to view your conversions on Google Analytics.
8. Create Your Own Custom Advertising Format
By creating 2-3 image sizes that can be adapted to fit all sizes of any devices!
9. Analyze Campaign Results through MGID Reports
After you have launched a campaign, you will be able to view the stats from your dashboard. You can filter the campaigns by active campaigns or by period.
The information from the reporting is helpful in analyzing how well the campaigns went and this serves as feedback for creating more effective campaigns in the future.
10. 24-Hour Approval Time Frame
After you have completed all required details for your campaign and submitted to MGID, you should get approval for the campaign to go live within 24 hours.
Pros and Cons of MGID
As an objective review requires the weighing of both advantages and disadvantages, let’s highlight some likely experiences with using MGID’s services.
Pros of MGID
- MGID is quite affordable to get started with. With a minimum deposit of $100, users can get access to the feature-rich MGID platform
- MGID is one of the oldest native ad networks, and comprises one of the most experienced hands in the field of native ads
- Users get dedicated account managers who help them make the most of their ad campaigns
- Users have a lot of control on campaign creation, ad formats, selective bidding, and a host of other features on the native ad platform
Cons of MGID
- Traffic from this source may lead to an increased bounce rate
- The admin control panel for MGID might seem daunting for beginners
- Users have to make a deposit of at least $500 into their MGID account before getting access to a dedicated account manager
Native ads offer advertising formats that blend with the regular content of a website. The ad formats, communication style and tone are so similar that visitors relate with them like they were regular content.
The only difference is that publishers provide disclosures that inform the visitors of the native ads.
MGID is one of the oldest native ads networks providing multiple traffic for advertisers and a website monetization opportunity for publishers.
Advertisers can create campaigns based on a range of targeting options, create campaigns using dynamic retargeting, choose any product or content promotion, use selective bidding and the host of features on MGID. They are also entitled to dedicated account managers that help with optimizing campaigns on MGID.
Publishers can earn additional income from displaying these ads, even if the ad campaigns are run with Google AdSense both on the same site.
Signing up on MGID is quick and easy and all you need to get started is creating an account.
Are you willing to become financially free in the world of Online Business? You need nothing but an ideal online business community that is truly concerned about your online success. Do you know about WA? Read my .