In order to attract search traffic to your site, you’ve got to ensure that your blog posts and pages are fully optimized.
Naturally, WordPress comes with a lot of features to optimize content created on it. However, you may require many more optimization features than what WordPress can offer.
At such things, the ideal step to take is to search for a WordPress plugin to handle all your SEO tasks.
If you find yourself in this position, you will find this review very insightful and revealing. That’s because our review covers one of the most popular WordPress SEO plugins for optimizing your blog content.
This review gives you details on what All in One SEO Pack is all about, setting it up, features, pros, cons, and pricing.
Incidentally, the Yoast SEO plugin is the most installed tool by webmasters and bloggers, though this doesn’t take the shine off All in One SEO Pack. In fact, the All in One SEO Pack plugin remains the strongest competitor to the Yoast plugin.
Let’s get started with the importance of using SEO plugins for your WordPress site.
The Importance of Using SEO Plugins for Your WordPress Site
I – Search engines are one of the most important sources of traffic to your site, whether corporate website, forum, online store or online learning platform. And in order to have your site featured on the top of search engine results pages, you need to optimize the pages.
SEO is the strategy you will be using to ensure that your content is optimized for the top spots on search engine results pages.
SEO plugins are designed by third-party companies to deliver the needed SEO functions.
II – By using a feature like XML sitemap, you make it easier for both humans and search engine crawlers to navigate your site.
If your site is properly crawled by search engines, you’re assured that your web pages will be indexed properly.
III – SEO plugins help you create content that not only meets the right standards for today but also keeps your content relevant in the future.
IV – Most SEO plugins I know are easy to use, and they come with free versions that get the job done.
Let’s narrow down our SEO plugins to All in One SEO Pack to see what this particular plugin has to offer.
All in One SEO Pack
The All in One SEO Pack plugin is a complete SEO solution that is designed to meet all your content optimization needs. It’s an easy to use WordPress tool that comes with such features as XML sitemap, social preview, SEO content preview, and many others.
Some of the basic features you will find with using the All in One SEO Pack plugin are as follows:
- Installing the SEO plugin is as simple as installing any other WordPress plugin
- The SEO plugin makes it very easy to integrate with many other tools and WordPress plugins such as WooCommerce
- The All in One SEO Pack plugin is set to auto-optimizing your pages and posts titles for Google and the other major search engines
- Meta tags are generated automatically without any input from you
- It prevents you from having duplicate content on your WordPress site
- It’s a plugin that works very well with the latest versions of PHP 7.
- If you haven’t installed or used the All in One SEO Pack, the next section walks you through the steps for setting it up.
Steps to Set up and Configure All in One SEO Pack for Your Site
Step One – From your WordPress dashboard, navigate under Plugins, then click on “Add New”, and in the search box type in “All in One SEO Pack”
Step Two – The first result from the search will usually be the plugin that we intend to install.
Click on the “Install Now” link in order to have the All in One SEO Pack plugin installed on your site.
The next thing to do is activate the plugin and you’re ready to start using the SEO plugin.
Step Three – Well, you can’t start using it right away because you’ve got some settings to take care of. And this is the actual step that will be taken to configure your All in One SEO Pack plugin.
This will be done in the Admin section, so you’ll start by clicking on the Admin link.
Once you’re there, enable the plugin by clicking on the Enable button against the plugin status, after which you’ll be clicking on the “Update Options” button which can be found at the bottom of the window.
Step Four – You should be able to set the metadata for your blog’s title, description, and keywords from this window.
Other settings you will be able to set up at this stage include:
- Display settings
- Content type settings
- Google Analytics
- Schema settings
- Time settings
- Noindex settings
- Advanced settings
Once you have these settings all sorted out, you’re set to start using your installation of All in One SEO Pack.
Build your FREE Website with the All in One SEO Pack already preinstalled!!!
To give you a clearer picture of the All in One SEO Pack potentials, here’s an extensive list of the plugin’s features.
1 – XML Sitemap
Sitemaps are SEO tools that are used to notify search engines of any updates made on your site. These site updates include creating a new page, publishing a new blog post, or updating a page or post.
The XML sitemap feature of All in One SEO Pack provides such functions as:
- Notifies Google of any recent changes or updates to your site pages and blogs
- Notifies Bing whenever changes are made to your site
- Offers users the option of using taxonomies
- The All in One SEO Pack also includes the date on archives
- It’s a tool that can be used for the compression of sitemaps
- It is used for the creation of sitemaps for all your blog posts
- Offers Google AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) support that enables you to attract mobile traffic to your site.
This plugin handles all that has to do with your sitemaps while you focus on creating quality content for your site.
2 – Social Meta
SEO is an all-encompassing strategy that stretches beyond optimization and keywords to include social signals.
If properly used, the social signals feature can help to improve search traffic to your site. The social meta-features that can be set up through the All in One SEO Pack include:
- Facebook Open Graph tags and Twitter Card settings which help to control the look of your site when sharing on the social platforms
- You can also use it to set up Facebook authors as well as app IDs
- A basic social schema can also be set up using the social Meta feature of the All in One SEO Pack plugin.
3 – SEO Content Overview
This SEO tool offers a single interface from where you’ll be able to view all of your blog posts and SEO data. It makes it easy for you to manage everything about your content optimization from a single window.
From this interface, you will find such details as the SEO title, description, and SEO keywords.
You can easily find out if you have done a thorough SEO job with your content or if there are content pieces that need to be optimized. The SEO Content Overview is a great tool that can be used for improving your search ranking.
4 – File Editor
This is a great feature used by those who have the technical skills for editing such files as robot.txt and .htaccess files.
It is advisable to make changes to these important files only when you know what you’re doing. The All in One SEO Pack makes it easy for you to make changes to these files.
5 – Importer and Exporter
It’s a great tool for helping you move important All in One SEO Pack settings from one site to another. You can use it to import and/or export All in One SEO Pack settings without hitches.
6 – Robots.txt
The robot.txt file is an important asset that is used to communicate specific messages to search engine crawlers.
These messages include the parts of a website or blog that a search engine crawler should crawl for indexing. You could also specify in the robot.txt file on the pages that you do not want to be crawled.
The All in One SEO Pack offers you an easy to use tool for directly accessing this file and editing it to suit you.
7 – Performance
The performance feature of All in One SEO Pack can be used to optimize 3 vital settings which are:
- Memory Limit
- Force Rewrites
- Execution Time
8 – Bad Bot Blocker
This feature enables you to block bad bots which may be harmful to your site. Also, it is an effective tool for blocking referral spam using HTTP.
If ever you decide to track the bad bots, you will find the tools to use in this feature. Finally, you can create a manual list of bad bots that you want to block from your site.
There are three distinct pricing plans that are available for the All in One SEO Pack plugin.
New users can also access a free version of the plugin which can be installed and used without cost. This free version comes with most basic SEO tools that you need to optimize your site and its content.
If you opt for this version, then all you have to do is install it and start using it. The free version of All in One SEO Pack comes in a default setting that is ready for use.
For those who want more out of their SEO tools, the premium version is the better option to work with. The premium version also referred to as the All in One SEO Pack Pro, comes with the following features:
- Advanced support for Woocommerce plugins
- SEO categories, different tags, and taxonomies for your blog posts
- Full access to video SEO modules and screencasts
- Be able to access the plugin’s premium support forum and a knowledge base center.
The 3 pricing plans that are available in the All in One SEO Pack Pro plugin include:
- The Individual Plan starting at a $68 annual fee with support for only one site
- The Business Plan starting at a $118 annual fee with support for up to 10 sites
- The Agency Plan which costs $559 annual fee and support for an unlimited number of sites.
Pros and Cons of the All in One SEO Pack Plugin
- It’s an easy to use tool for setting page title, meta keywords, and meta descriptions for your blog pages
- The SEO plugin offers a free version with features that handle most SEO tasks you need for your site
- You can use this to access and edit important WordPress files such as robot.txt and .htaccess files
- This tool gives you the power to manage site-wide SEO from a single interface.
- It does not provide easy access for users to navigate and import data from Google Search Console.
- Users of the free version of All in One SEO Pack are not able to access support.
SEO is a strategy that must be taken seriously if you want to attract search traffic to your site. If your site is built on WordPress, there are certain SEO features that you will enjoy from the content management system.
However, to get more out of your SEO efforts, you will need to make use of a third-party WordPress plugin. This review highlights one of the best WordPress plugins that will handle all your SEO efforts.
From this post, you also found out that the All in One SEO Pack has a free version that you could use for your site.
Why don’t you download it and give the SEO plugin a trial?